MArch, BArchDes, MRAIA (Grad)
architectural design, digital drawing (CAD & computer modelling), model-making, project management, construction, workshop facilitation, community engagement, public presentation
N. Tyse Architecture + Design, Brisbane
BA Architects, Brisbane
Born in Brisbane in 1990, Stirling is a graduate architect, artist and musician. He holds Bachelor of Architectural Design (2010) and a Master of Architecture (2014) from the University of Queensland. Between 2009 and 2015 he worked as an architectural assistant at the offices of BA Architects, gaining broad experience in site-specific small and medium-scale residential projects, educational and community facilities, master planning and project management. Notable collaborations have included working with the Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation to develop communal facilities and housing for Elders in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
Over the past two years Stirling has become increasingly involved in designing and building large-scale installation art at festivals and events around Australia. Focusing on the creative process rather than the end product, this work is designed to encourage active audience participation in its creation, through community workshops, skill-shares, and collaborative design. They are often ephemeral in nature, exploring the interplay between material, structure, light and sound, using repurposed and recycled materials as a priority. Through this work, Stirling has become proficient in developing multi-faceted briefs, working with limited resources to deliver logistically complex projects from concept to completion. He lives in West End with an electric guitar and a surfboard.
- The BUG, Modifyre 2017; Lead Artist
- 12-Tone, Vivid Sydney 2017; Design, documentation
- Yamba Beach House renovation, NSW; lead designer, documenter
- The BUG, Modifyre 2016; Lead Artist
- Elders Village, Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation, Roebourne, WA; contract admin, project management
- Community Centre, Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation, Roebourne, WA; design, documentation, development application
- All Saints Primary, Boonah, QLD; design, documentation
[Recipient of QLD Regional award for Public Architecture]