BFA (Hons) (Sound Design), 2014
sound design & composition, brief development, audio production, recording studio design & construction, lighting design, interactivity design
Owner / Manager, Burrow Recording Studios
Josh was born in an experimental audio laboratory in 1992, the year grunge went mainstream. He is an internationally awarded sound designer and owner of Burrow recording studio. In 2014 he was awarded a Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours from Queensland University of Technology, majoring in Sound Design. His research project, entitled ‘Squaretalk’, took out the expressing category in the international interaction design (IXDA) awards in Helsinki 2016.
A sound explorer for as long as can be remembered Josh now works at the intersection of spectacle theatre, interactive design and new media. His work shows an intense drive to take traditional sound design elements beyond the confines of the screen. He has completed compositions and interactive design projects for Australia's largest festivals including Vivid Sydney, Brisbane Festival and the Woodford Folk Festival Fire Event. Josh has also completed sound design projects to briefs for international clients such as INFINTI. He lives in Samford with his pet synthesiser, Juno.
- Cadman's Cottage, Vivid Sydney 2016; Sound design
- Squaretalk, IXDA Helsinki 2016; Interactive / sound design
- "You Should be Dancing" theme song, Brisbane Festival 2016
- Cadman's Cottage, Vivid Sydney 2015; Sound design
- Woodford Folk Festival, Fire Event 2014-16; Sound design
- Infiniti Q30 Launch, Taipei 2016; Sound design
- S T A C K, Burning Seed 2015; Sound & lighting design